Monday 25 April 2016

Hello again. Thailand


Its a been a while since I last posted, and I apologize for my absence. I have had several major distractions and problems with my account recently that I'm hoping is now fixed.as I would like to return to sharing my thoughts and views again. I have tried my hand at a great deal of things since my last post and will share each on separate posts as I can imagine they will be long posts.

In October 2014 I went on holiday to the beautiful country Thailand with my boyfriend L and loved every moment of it. We spent just over two weeks touring from Bangkok to Koh Samui for the first week then up to Chiang Mai, Hua Hin and then back to Bangkok.

It was so lovely over there, the temperature was hot but felt nice and healing to my whiplash injuries. The people were all so happy and friendly to see you. They couldn't do enough for you, I can understand why they call it the land of smiles.

The landscapes and cultural places were amazing. Some parts were so different to England with the mass amounts of lush jungle and tropical flora including my favourite Orchidaceae (The Orchid) were in abundance. The beaches of Koh Samui were just as I imagined a beach truly perfect to be; white sands, crystal blue water, with palm trees swaying in the breeze. It was like a dream, and was great to spend a few days here truly relaxing.

When we visited the temples they were decorated with beautiful intricate designs of natural forms and many of the Buddhist icons which were lavished in gold- A tradition outlining the importance of the temple to the community. The guardians outside of the temples were also very interesting to look at, as they were brightly coloured and had a character look to them.which made me think they could spring to life any moment.

I found the spirit houses fascinating as they were miniature houses outside of normal houses and businesses, that were used to give spirits a place to rest.  They were filled with offerings for the spirits to appease them which ranged from a photograph of the family to Buddhist statues and small bottles of various liquids. They reminded me of fairy houses and that something magical could live in them like in a fairy tale.

Even the smells in Thailand were quite an experience, with the aromatic food, the Eastern seas, local flowers and even streets themselves had certain scents, some that even now when I smell a similar aroma it takes me right back to there.

The whole holiday appealed to my creative side and I look forward to going back there. I would love to fully explore the islands and its history, and also around Bangkok. There was so much more to see, do and try that I hope to go again soon for the Thai new year celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment